“The Eucharist constitutes the very life of the Church, for the Lord said, I am the bread of life. No one who comes to me shall ever be hungry, no one who believes in me shall never thirst.”
In every celebration of the Eucharist there should always be a sufficient number of Ministers for the distribution of the Eucharist. Priority is always given to ordinary Ministers (bishops, priests, deacons). When there are large numbers of the faithful present and there are insufficient ordinary at hand, extraordinary ministers properly appointed beforehand should assist in the distribution of Communion.
Duties and Work:
- Assist celebrant(s) at Sunday, Feast days, days of obligation, weddings, funerals & novena masses.
- Distribute communion to the sick, homebound or hospitalized as assigned.
- Assist priest(s) in their Absence on Sunday as presider, proclaimer or preacher in communion service as assigned.
- Assist priest(s) at funerals especially at home, at cemetery or crematorium or in the absence of priest(s) to conduct the funeral service in the church.
- Assist priest when altar servers unavailable at offertory and after communion
- Discover and grow the Eucharistic Spirituality by attending meetings, retreats, Holy Hours, prayer and other formation.
- Expose the Blessed Sacrament at Novenas or as assigned with monstrance.
CHS EMHC Core Team:
Chairman : Anthony Chin Choong Fee
Vice Chairman : Lourdes Dass
Secretary : Emmanuel Dorai
Treasurer : Daniel Goon